Tune in as a community on Saturday, June 18 as we showcase some of the “behind the scenes” work we’re doing for the Palo Alto community. The MSC will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy the delicious cuisine offered by local food trucks, learn all about electric vehicles at the EV expo, dance to live music and above all, have fun!
Demonstrations and special project exhibits will include:
- Pole Climbing Demonstrations Utilities Line Crew
- Safety information around high voltage power lines
- What’s inside a transformer
- How bucket trucks and other heavy equipment work
- How your utilities are operated, maintained and rebuilt, and where they come from
- How Electricity Meters Work
- Information on accessing discounts and efficiency programs
- A history of the City and the founding of our municipal services
There will be warehouse tours, information on park and open space maintenance, zero waste representatives and much more. Ever wanted to see the inside of a fire truck or patrol car? Palo Alto police and fire department members will be there to answer your questions and guide you through their vehicles. The Palo Alto Junior Museum & Zoo brings Sequoia, the Bald Eagle and Pets in Need brings adoptable animals from the shelter.
Watch the Utilities Line Crew Pole Climbing demonstrations every hour at 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm and 1:30pm
We look forward to seeing you and your families for a fun and educational day at MSC. Don’t forget to bring your reusable water containers!
MSC Open House Event Map
- Saturday June 18, 2022 | 10:00 – 14:00
City of Palo Alto Municipal Service Center, 3201 E Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303 See the map